Friday, February 27, 2009

COMING DOWN TO THE WIRE...LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS...

So, I was thinking today...Heck, I've got less than 6 weeks to figure out some really nice, romantic getaway for The Mrs. for our 30th anniversary. I'll swear, I have gnawed my nails to a nub over this deal.

Due to the fabulous economy, it has to be cheap...well, it don't have to be all that cheap.

I thought about taking her on a cruise (like I did on our honeymoon)...but she hated it due to her sea-sickness.

I thought about taking her down to Cancun, Mexico...but about four zillion people have got killed in Mexico this year (it's worse than New Orleans).

I thought about taking her up to Hot Springs, Arkansas...but all the travel reviews I read lately tell me that Hot Springs has gone to hell...not worth the trip.

I thought about taking her out to San Francisco, CA and getting in a short visit with our eldest son in Monterey...but homos give her the "willies." (She's not as open-minded as I am)

So, I had finally settled on taking her back down to Gulf Shores, Alabama. When the boys were younger and all at home, we would almost always take our Summer vacations on the sugary sand beaches of Gulf Shores, Alabama. We had a lot of good times there...and it's pretty close, and fairly cheap.

And, I felt great reinforcement when I walked out back and saw my beloved, yet stupid yellow Lab Sadie just lying in the sun...Dogs love the sun...and so do I.


So, I was just about to pick up the telephone and call the guy that I had rented a condo from many times. I was dialing the number when I heard Mr. AOL tell me..."You've got mail!" I thought it might be something important, so I clicked on the computer letter dealie.

It turns out that my 82-year-old retired, juvenile delinquent buddy that lives in Fort Myers, Florida had sent me a computer letter. All of a sudden, I lost my taste for the beach.








I reckon I'll study on this a while longer...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?