Tuesday, December 23, 2008

MIDWEEK BOWL PICKS...

Okay, tonight Boise State takes on TCU in The San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. This should be a very good game, but it might be half-way through the first quarter before the announcers finish telling you the name of the bowl.

This one gets 4 poinsettias. It is probably gonna be the best non-BSCS game we'll see. Watch it! Boise State is undefeated, of course. TCU has lost twice this season to a couple of "weak sisters." Oklahoma. Utah. These guys have a very impressive defense. I'm taking TCU over Boise State in a squeaker (20-17).

On to Christmas Eve and the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl which features The Notre Dame Fighting Irishwomen vs. The Hawaii Rainbow Hula-Hoop Boys. Now, I have a couple of questions about this one. First of all, "What in the heck is Notre Dame doing in a bowl game?" I mean, I know there are about 58 bowls now, so it ain't real hard to get in one. But Notre Dame? As bad as The Independence Bowl selection of Northern Illinois was, I'm just glad they didn't ask Notre Dame.

I give this one half a shoop-shoop for interest. Thank God my Momma & Daddy will be doing their Christmas get together during this game, so no one will accidentally turn the TV on and ruin an otherwise nice evening.

Hawaii wins this one 34 to 10. The 'Dame will go to an impressive (0-10) in their last decade of bowl games.

Notre Dame is already off to a bad start. Shortly after arriving in Honolulu, in order to fire up his squad, Charlie Weis ate a young Hawaiian couple walking out of a Family Buffet. So, PR is already working against The 'Dame.

Things didn't get any better when Charlie took the whole team and the cheerleaders to Waikiki Beach for a little rest & relaxation. The paparazzi was still hanging around looking for Obama, and snapped these photos.


Obama in Hawaii


Notre Dame Head Cheerleader on her morning run...



Coach Charlie Weis works on his tan...

4 comments:

  1. Watching the Hawaii Bowl is akin to kissing your sister, it feels good until it strikes your mind exactly how drunk you are.

    And I could have lived the rest of my entire life in blissful ignorance without seeing that Charlie photo. Nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk! I always thought a "tie" was like a sister kiss, but I like your idea better. You don't have to get drunk to tie a ball game, but you would in order to watch The 'Dame.

    Glad you liked the picture...

    I posted this for the benefit of an old friend that is a huge ND fan (though not as huge as Weis). He really doesn't like 'em that much, but he's a guilty Roman Catholic and believes that he must. He's got "Knute" and "Ara" tattooed on opposite butt cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, Mr. Redneck, stop making football predictions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad: I'm sorry. I've tried. I just can't help myself. I'm a miserable know-it-all that must prove that daily...and ruin fine football programs in the process.

    Don't worry though, I've sworn off predicting BYU, LSU, and Cardinal games.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?