Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ODD OKIE...

I always thought that Billy Sims was a little bit odd. Now, I ain't taking nothing from him. He was a pure joy to watch in college and in the pros. In fact, when he was in high school I would read in the sports section of the Shreveport Times about this kid over in Hooks, Texas that was just tearing up the pea patch at running back...getting like a dozen touchdowns a game or something.

I'm sure Billy is a good man, but he always seemed just a bit off-kilter to me. I guess you can't really call him an Okie...or not just an Okie. He was born in Missouri, went to high school in Texas, then played for Barry Switzer at Oklahoma. (well there ya go...light bulb moment!...Switzer could screw up a one car funeral...that's probably what happened to Billy)

On Saturday when the Heisman Trophy was awarded to OU Quarterback Sam Bradford, Billy was in attendance as a former trophy winner himself. I think Billy got a little excited.

Editorial note: For commie idiots that don't know college football, "Boomer" is what they holler at OU, and then somebody hollers "Sooner" back at 'em. I don't know what it means, and neither do they, but they're just a bunch of ignorant Okies anyway, so it don't matter.





You know, OU has a real catchy and creative fight song. If you never heard it, these are the lyrics.

Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, O-K-U!
Oklahoma, Oklahoma,
Oklahoma, Oklahoma,
Oklahoma, Oklahoma,
Oklahoma, O-K-U!
I'm a Sooner born
And a Sooner bred,
And when I die
I'll be Sooner dead.
Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma!
Rah, Oklahoma! O-K-U!
Ignorant...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?