Thursday, March 12, 2009

IT'S HARD TO FIND GOOD HELP!

It's been a while since I posted anything by Joy Dawn. (Snagged from the RP)

Soapin' up with Ivory

March 13, 2009
Oxford, MS
By Joy Dawn Ivory

Joy is a 2001 graduate of Oxford Central High School. She completed two semesters at Ole Miss (double major in Journalism, and PE), and is a contributing columnist to the RP.

President Obama needs a lesson!


I have been reading this article written by Camille Paglia on the internet at Salon.com. I really like her. I know she's a lesbian and all, but I really like her.

I came across her work several years ago when I was searching Yahoo for a decent Nail & Hair Salon here in Oxford. I'll swear, I had never met a lesbian that could use such big words, or make such sense in all my years of looking for stylists!

I became a fan almost immediately. I just loved it when she took up for Sarah Palin. Sarah is one of us! Well, she's one some of us. She's got a bunch of kids, and is a Governor, and wears glasses like some of us girls. So, maybe she's not so much "exactly" like us, but I like her anyway.

Sarah is toned up good, and wears really cute shoes. And besides all that she speaks her mind. I think that's what the lesbian Camille appreciated so much about her...not the cute shoes thing, but maybe.

Anyhow, I was looking at this article she wrote on the Salon website, and she wrote all kinds of stuff about how President Obama's employees are ruining his business. Trust me, I know all about that!

I had opened up my own Health & Fitness Club over in Batesville, and things were going just fabulous!!! I was going around to all the local businesses, banks, and schools (talking to the coaches), and advertising in the yearbooks and all telling people about my new Health & Fitness Club.

I had dozens of fellows coming in every day to join up at $30 a month. I didn't get too many ladies, but the men were coming in herds. After a few months, I decided that I couldn't stay there and run the whole place 8 hours a day, 5 days a week by myself. That's a lot of work for one girl! So, I had to hire some help. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find good help in Batesville. I mostly ended up hiring high school boys from the football team, and old ladies looking to supplement their Social Security. I liked all of them. They were all real responsible.

But after a few weeks of me not being there, and "Joy Dawn Ivory's Health & Fitness Club" being "unsupervised," most everybody quit coming. Some of those bankers and coaches even wanted their money back. I worked it out with them though, and kept good relations with the community.

I learned a valuable lesson through that experience. "If you want something done right, do it yourself!"

President Obama could learn that lesson from me. He ought to be doing all this himself. I mean, he graduated from college and all. If that man doesn't start paying attention to his business, his help is going to ruin him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?