Sunday, March 1, 2009

THE MRS. IS FUNNY!...AND A REAL WISE ACRE...

Two things that have held me and The Mrs. together since we met in 1976 are the facts that we are total opposites, and we both have a decent sense of humor (even our senses of humor are opposite...but it works).

Even though it is Sunday, we were forced to work this morning due to this lousy economy, and the fact that we are far behind in filling customer orders. Go figure...

We were listening to the radio, and the oldies station was playing the Bee Gees "More Than A Woman." (There's a good video of it here if you care)

The conversation went just about like this:

Me: Man, every time I hear that song I can just see Travolta strutting in that white suit. Man, he is one talented idiot.

The Mrs. : Yeah, poor John...he's really had a tough year with his boy dying.

Me: Yeah, it's a shame when somebody loses a child. And Travolta is one of the most talented idiots that ever lived. He's Scientologist you know.

The Mrs. : Oh yes, I know. He and Tom Cruise both are.

Me: Yeah, but Travolta seems like the kinda guy you'd like to have a beer with. He might be insane, but he seems humble & decent.

The Mrs. : Yeah, your right. On the other hand, Tom Cruise seems like the kind of guy you'd like to smash a beer bottle right in his face.

Me: Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Me: (again) Sweetheart, I just don't know what to do. I have worried myself silly over figuring out something fun and unique for us to do on our 30th anniversary...

The Mrs. : Oh, come on...you were silly way before now.

Me: Shut up, I'm trying to be serious.

The Mrs. : Don't tell me to shut up...

Me: Oh crap...did I just say that?

The Mrs. : (smiling) I know you didn't really mean for me to shut up.

Long pause as I try to hold my water...

The Mrs. : Andy, I've got an idea. There is something we did a long time ago that was just wonderful, and our 30th anniversary might be just the time to celebrate by doing it again.

Me: What Sweetheart?

The Mrs. : We could have sex.

Wise acre...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?