Friday, March 13, 2009

Y'ALL CALL IT "CORN." WE CALL IT "MAIZE."

Well, this ain't really about corn, so let me start over.

Y'all call 'em "Crappie," we call 'em "White Perch." My older brother (who I love just as much now as I hated him when we were young'uns) sent me some computer pictures today. He lives right on Caddo Lake, and loves to fish.

He said, "Andy, we caught the biggest White Perch I think we ever have caught. I'm going to e-mail you some pictures. We caught a bloomin' ice chest full of them." Now, if y'all don't know this, crappie White Perch is the best freshwater 'eating fish' on the planet. Bream are okay...bass is pretty good...catfish gets sold as great...but White Perch is like a little preview of Heaven!

Gwaaaaa!
That's my brother's son (which would make him my 'nephew') with one of those big scrumptious rascals.



This is my brother's little niece from off his wife's family (which makes her no blood kin to me, seeing as my brother did not marry kinfolks). She's learning early about important stuff like fishing.

So, I asked my brother when we were coming out there for the fish fry. Long pause over the phone...

Well, uh, TOO LATE!

I love my brother, but ya' know, he could have kept them computer pictures to himself...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?