Friday, April 17, 2009

AGRARIAN FRIDAY...

Well, The Mrs. did not get her garden planted on Good Friday as previously planned. It ain't that she's lazy or anything...we've just had too much rain to till.

So, I told her this morning, "Sweetheart, you'd better get out there and till up your garden. The dirt's finally dry enough, and The Weather Channel says we're gonna get a couple of inches of rain starting this evening." I told her, "if you don't get this garden in, I'm gonna be some ticked off when I want some fried okra this Summer...and it will not be pretty."

I even offered to help her, but she knows my ribs are broke, and I'm in TREMENDOUS pain...plus she says I don't do it right. So, I did help her pull up the very end of the Fall garden. This was all left out there in that big old garden. Fresh stuff sure is pretty, ain't it?

So, she's finishing up making the rows just like she likes 'em. Before you know it, we'll have peppers, and squash, and zucchini, and cucumbers, and eggplant, and OKRA (my favorite). I've got my Rubbermaid Storage Container tomatoes coming along good...Al Gore hasn't messed me over again. HA!

We had a good laugh. The Mrs.' hoe broke while she was rowing up the dirt. I said, "looks like it's time for a new one." She said, "well you know...every once in a while you gotta try out a different ho! They get old and wore out ya' know!" She's funny...

While I had the camera out I took a couple more pictures of the beautiful flowers in our yard.


We don't know what this is.
It just kinda appeared several years ago.


This is a weed.
I'll tell y'all, The Mrs. has two green thumbs. Even the weeds in her yard are beautiful.

Well, y'all have a good day. I'm gonna take The Mrs. out to lunch when she gets through...if she's got some money that is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?