Saturday, April 25, 2009

WAR IS HELL!!!

AND THE DEVIL KEEPS BRINGING IT ON...

The only time I ever heard my Momma say a cuss word was when she told me, "War is hell. I pray that you never have to fight one." (Okay, "hell" is a cuss word to a 9-year-old)

As a wuss that never served in the military myself, I have a great appreciation for those before me, and our younguns that do now.

I was too young to serve in Vietnam. It was winding down when I was in my early teens. When I was about 14 years old, Congress abolished the draft (I'm just guessing). I sailed through high school in a pretty calm time. A few years after I matriculated, Congress required all young men to sign up for Selective Service...just in case. So, I never even had to register for The Draft. But all three of my grown sons have (and my baby brother did too...it was a short window of no "signing up" as I remember).

Fortunately, none of them have been conscripted. But my eldest son has signed up voluntarily, and #3 son is working on it. I am very proud of them.

The Mrs. drew my attention to this video last night. It might hit a note with you...or not... Just thought I'd pass it on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?