Monday, July 27, 2009

"Best Husband in the world" week...Monday edition.

In this international competition for "Best Husband in the World," it seems that my homeland, The United States has finished a weak 5th place.

I must admit that my national pride is a little wounded. Even though I love competition, period, I always want my home team to win. Oh, I won't cry because Lance Armstrong didn't win the Tour de France, and was beaten by some worthless Spaniard. But I'm not happy about it...and might pout some.

It never bothers me when we get waxed in the World Cup, as Soccer is not really a sport. But when we lose the World Baseball Championships, or even the Little League World Series, I do feel a bit crestfallen. I want America to win. Okay, I'll admit it...I'm an America homer.

I believe our problem was that the selection committee didn't do a good job of screening our entry. I think we could have done better!

Now, this is a fairly good entry. But trust me, I have seen MUCH better husbands than this here in the good old US of A! Heck, I saw a MUCH better husband than this guy just the other day.

I was at WalMart on Friday, and ran into a really good husband. He looked somewhat like the guy in the rowboat, but his wife was not attractive...a skinny little thing. According to him (and everyone within earshot knew), she was a terrible cook, never bought the right kind of cereal, always picked up the wrong kind of beer, was hiding his Marlboros, and had hair like a mouse.

Now, it takes a really good husband to stay with a worthless woman like that! I wouldn't even be seen with such a female!!! But I guess he had to let her come along to WalMart. Somebody had to push his wheelchair...

2 comments:

  1. This guy is the main propulsion unit for this boat! He has a hose running out of his backside that provides a constant jet of thrust out the back of the boat. Without that, the little lady would be completely unable to propel the craft. Obviously, he is a great husband for letting her think that she is providing the propulsion. My kind of guy! Humble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Yep Walt, every good husband allows "the little woman" to think she's actually doing the "heavy lifting."

    But this guy is pretty sharp. Satisfy the wife, and then get her to row back around to pick up the floating catfish. Pretty good husband in my book...

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?