Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Here we go again...


News sources are reporting this afternoon that Brett Favre will un-retire for the second time, and join The Minnesota Vikings for the 2009-2010 NFL season.

Brett, I love you. You made pro football fun to watch for many years. But stop it with the "I quit/no I'm just kidding" deal. I don't blame you for playing...not one bit! If you've got the heart for the game, and can make another 10 or 12 million...go for it!

But, what you do not want, is to be viewed as the Clemens of football. It may be too late to avoid that now, and you don't want to go out as a joke (and your fans don't want you too, either). For all I care, go ahead and play two or three, or 10 more seasons! But the next time you quit...just stay home.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Favre needs to go away, quietly, before he embarrasses himself further.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?