Sunday, August 2, 2009

I IS GWINE!


One of my favorite lines in all of literature comes from the Margaret Mitchell classic, "Gone With The Wind." Oh sure, everybody remembers, "Frankly Scarlet, I don't give a damn!"

But one of my favorites was when Mammy declared to Scarlet, "I says I gwine with you ter Atlanta and gwine I is!" In the film, the great actress, Hattie McDaniel, pulled that one off like nobody's business!

Well, I says I gwine, and gwine I is!

I ain't gwine to Atlanta, but I is gwine to Georgia.

#3 son, Phillip, is graduating from US Army Basic Training at Fort Benning, GA (in Columbus, GA) on Wednesday...with "Family Day" on Tuesday, and I am leaving on a jet Mercury Sable tomorrow at about 6:00 am to take in the glory of it all!

I can't barely wait to see the boy man!

I just thought I'd give y'all the heads up! I didn't want none of y'all to think I do not love, nor appreciate all eight of y'all that visit this blog if I did not respond to comments, computer letters, or post anything about the current news, etc.

I've just got some important fish to fry in Georgia (the US State, not the downtrodden Republic in Asia/Europe...nobody really knows for sure.) for most of this next week. I PROMISE that I will take the camera, and give y'all the full report.

Love to all y'all (and I mean it), Andy

2 comments:

  1. Well, doggone it, you'll be missed. But what an occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one very "important fish to fry." Say thanks to your man/boy from me.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?