Friday, August 7, 2009

THERE IS SOMETHING WAY WRONG WITH THIS...

I'm sorry!!! As big an LSU homer as I am, there is NO WAY that my beloved LSU Tigers should be ranked in the "Top 10" in the USA Today Coaches Poll.

Heck, Ole Miss is at #10, and they are WAY, WAY better heading into the season. And what's up with Texas being ranked ahead of Oklahoma? What kind of navel-gazing retards vote in this poll?

LSU lost 5...count 'em 5 games last season...almost lost to "Troy...yep, Troy!"...and lost to Ole Miss, got truly embarrassed by Florida...and lost to stinkin' Arkansas!

Not to even mention that there are actually teams from the Pac-10, and the Big-10 in the top 10...which immediately nullifies the poll. USCucks, JoePA State, and the ohio state?

Look, I love my Tigers, but at best we will end up as second best in our half of the SE Conference.

This season will end up with Florida, and Oklahoma playing for the BCS National Championship...unless BYU pulls off a major "in your face" upset on opening day. Then it might even be FL & OK anyway...

Polls, shmolls...

6 comments:

  1. Yep, I try not to even read 'em. Makes my blood pressure go up.

    Boomer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polls, Schmolls! It's gonna be a massacre at the Cotton Bowl.

    I predict: OU 54, Tejas 13. Write this down...stick it on your 'frigerater door.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, I picked the Geaux Tigers to win the West of the Championship Conference this year. It was between Bammeroids and Geaux. Ole Miss is going to lose at least five games this year.

    Remember, I am a contrarian gambler and rarely do well in my picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, I appreciate the love...but we are at least two years away from winning our side of the Championship Conference.

    I mean, we might get a helpful hurricane, and win a couple of games because the other guys don't show up and have to forfeit. But it would truly take an act of God to resurrect Miles' program.

    As a "matter of fact" LSU homer, I can not get my hopes up. I will enjoy the College Football season, and not have a heart attack when MS State "upsets" my beloved Tigers in Starkville. I will just be glad that I am not there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word explanation...

    It being a long time, tried and true, honest way of doing things in Louisiana.... Bribery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waltbasket, you may have just hit the nail on the noggin! Nyuk! But it will take untold sums of cash to bribe our way through this coming season.

    And we don't have that much...

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?