Friday, November 6, 2009

There Are Only Two College Football Games That Matter This Weekend...

Interestingly, they both involve Louisiana teams.

The first is tonight, as Louisiana Tech takes on Boise State at home in Ruston. This game is extremely important for one reason. While it is not likely that LA Tech will upset Boise, it could happen. Trust me, the BCS homers are praying for an upset. Tech plays well in front of the home folks, and will need their best performance in several years to knock off the Broncos.

A Tech win (again, highly unlikely) will solve a big problem for the BCS.

The only other important game is my beloved LSU Tigers, taking on the worthless, stinkin', toe-sniffin' Tide in Tuscaloosa on Saturday. #9 LSU has improved almost weekly, and #3 'Bama seems to be hit with a three-week flu or something. My Tigers have struggled offensively, but are finally working the bugs out on that side of the ball. I say we score 24 offensively, and maybe 7 on the defensive side.

Our defense is built specifically for teams like 'Bama. I say we hold them to 13, and humiliate St. Nick & his baby elephants at home.

Those are the only games that matter. I do not know how badly Florida will flush the Commodes of Vandy. Nor, do I know how badly Texas will beat Central Florida. The answer to those two questions is the same...as bad as they want to.

Even though I look for #4 Iowa to beat the Mildcats of Northwestern, it would not surprise me if they are upset. This is the time of the season when the really great teams prove it. I'm not convinced that Iowa is...and they are ripe for an upset. But I'm not calling it.

So, Andy's crack research staff, and crystal ball only calls for one "upset" this weekend. LSU 24 - 'Bama 13. But truthfully, judging from the last 3 weeks, it might not really be an upset at all.

Well look...y'all enjoy the games. Check out my LA Tech Bulldogs (the only college that would accept me)...tonight at 7:00 on ESPN2.

7 comments:

  1. Oh for revenge to Boise State!! Maybe they'll have a good chance without that stupid blue field!!
    And all I can say about your Tigers is, Flush the TIDE!!
    By the way, did I mention the Ducks beat USC last week? WHOO HOO!! Been on a high all week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iowa will beat Northwestern ;)

    End of my predictions this week....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul..it didn't happen. Sigh. Boise 45 - LA Tech 35. But we gave 'er the ol' college try.

    Skunks...probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paul, I'm not sure you mentioned that. Thanks for letting me know, buddy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang...Iowa lost.

    It's that marxist moron, Barry, and his hellthcare fright coming out of the Bela Pelosi House that did it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skunks, that's what they get for voting for Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in mourning. The Ducks lost. The Tigers lost. But Texas won. Don't know when I started liking the Longhorns, probably the same time I started liking living in TX. Don't know when it happened. It just did.
    If you want to wind up a Texas A & M fan, ask them what kind of critter an "Aggie" is. A Duck is obvious, A Tiger is pretty ferocious, even a Longhorn is fairly representive of Texas. But what kind of critter is an Aggie? Just blathering 'cause the Ducks lost.........

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?