Friday, January 22, 2010

There is truly something "wrong" with The Gooble!

Back in the olden days when I was trying to become a really funny comedy writer, I posted a fake interview that I did with Eli Manning before the Super Bowl in Phoenix. It was all a fake. It wasn't even funny. It was less than funny. It sucked!

But, you would be astounded at how many worldwide computer users are directed to Andy's Place while searching for "Is Eli Manning a Christian?" Seriously! I get probably a dozen visitors a day searching for "Eli Manning Christian"...or words related.

Now, how many bazillions of web articles do you think report a REAL interview with Eli Manning? Many bazillions, I'm sure. But, The Gooble continues to hit me high with "Eli Manning" junk. "Inverview with Eli Manning":

(click on it, and behold the wrongness of The Gooble!)



I appreciate the folks that The Gooble sends to Andy's Place. But, honestly, those are not the kind of results I'm looking for when I need to know. Just sayin'...

4 comments:

  1. Google can be made to obey you. For instance, I have posted the following titles:

    Michelle Obama Needs More Boob Belt

    Nancy Pelosi Boob Photos

    Nancy Pelosi Swimsuit Pictures

    and, last but not least (about one of my favorite British bloggers):

    Grumpy Old Twat Sighting.

    You can believe me when I say that I would never have to post again but still get 20-50 hits, depending on the day, of those four titles.

    Hence, why one of my titles today was as follows:

    The Only Thing Bluer Than Massachusetts Is Papa Smurf’s Balls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, Snarky! I'm figuring out how to manipulate The Gooble. And, I read all of your work, so the words are familiar.

    It's just interesting to me that a ridiculous piece of crap post I made two years ago gets hit daily by serious searchers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked my Google hits and the three that were really out of the ordinary were from two pervs and a druggie:
    big naked buttie
    find a dr that will prescribe xanax in shreveport, bossier city Louisiana
    naked girls in bossier city
    All in all, not a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh! Jim, thanks for stopping by. I rank very high on "prostitutes in Monroe, LA," "AEP sucks" and several other more serious searches that the posts had very little to do with.

    WRONG! Again, thanks for stopping by...maybe I'll catch you in town sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?