Saturday, January 16, 2010

Trying out Emoticons in Blogger.

Okay, I may be the last blogger on Blogger that did not know how to use emoticons in posts. No more! Alright, I've been working on putting emoticons in Blogger posts this morning. redface If y'all would like to know how, ax real nice, and I'll tell ya'. biggrin

Aw heck, I'll probably tell y'all anyway, if you don't already know. rolleyes

These are cool. cool And, it's real easy! You don't have to type colons, or parentheses, or nothin'. This is a shot of what you'll see on your compose dashboard. As you are typing your post, you just click on the emoticon you wanna use, and it will be inserted automatically.

I give it three thumbs up, and promise not to go hog-wild with it.

Here's what you do. First off, you must be using the latest version of Firefox. If you don't know how to get that, then you're too ignorant to be using the computer anyhow.

Then, you will have to download Greasemonkey. It will require a restart of your browser to complete the installation.

Then, go right here and click the Install button. The Greasemonkey box will open. Click install, and you're done.

If you don't trust the script, don't install it. But as of right now, I don't think I've been screwed over by anything. But, I'll let you know that I shouldn't have done it, if I regret it later on.

Well...gotta get ready to go to a funeral for Joe Cobb that I told y'all about dying the other day. It will be a whopper of a crowd, I'm sure. Y'all have a good day, okay?

7 comments:

  1. The script apparently doesn't run in the "updated editor," i.e., "Settings" ==> "Basic" ==> (bottom of the page). I've installed Greasemonkey AND the script twice, rebooting both times and no joy.

    Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fourteen year old niece uses those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buck, I don't know what I have, but I doubt that it's an updated editor in there. It's the same old template I started with two years ago, with a couple of tweeks...thanks to Paul Mitchell.

    Speaking of Paul Mitchell...

    Dude, well...I really don't have a good comeback for that one. I don't plan to use it (much), I just wanted to see if I could...seeing as Blogger makes emoticons danged near impossible.

    You have a niece? She must be the child of an older sibling, because I'm pretty sure that your folks would not reproduce again after the stork dropped you on 'em. Just joshin' man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No lie, Andy. It is my older sister's girl. My sister was the wet stain on the backseat of a car, I was the PLANNED Chosen One. My parents were much disgusted, too.

    My WV was "seukstri," too. Is that some kinda of Russian cussword?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "seukstri,"??? Probably, but I don't speak commie.

    So, how did you get a future squid ahead of older sis? Oh, never mind...I think I know that story.

    Hey man...not to get too personal here in front of everybody, but I haven't read much about your Momma lately. Is she okay? If you don't feel like saying, just don't. But, I've kinda wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sis has one older than mine, too. And my idiot spawn was planned, too.

    Ma is fine, but crazy as a bedbug. You know the drill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I know the drill. Momma had a "better" day today. But, they are more and more rare.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?