Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) is quite the gentleman! He is also an ethical "role model" for young people. And, "obviously," the most astute Senate Majority Leader in US History!



I have been reading many blogs over the last few days that are decrying all of the personal attacks (from both the left and right) during this highly charged time in our nation's history.  I must say that I do feel quite a bit of shame upon myself!  I have recently  fallen into the un-Christian trap of being WAY TOO uncivil, and all.  Crud...

So, I decided that I'd just look for all of the good qualities in folks that I disagree with politically.  And, I'll tell ya'...they've got some REALLY GOOD PERSONAL upsides.  Heck, even the Okie Senator, Tom Coburn has called for a return to niceness.  And, he's an Okie...

President Obama (D-Kenya) has got one bitchin' fastball!  Heck, I think he might one day replace Carlton in baseball lore...I mean, there's only THE ONE "Lefty."

Speaker of The House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) obviously does not have a weight problem.  Good on her for being all self-controlled, and all!

But, I'll have to admit that Senator Harry Reid (D-NV) has been the toughest challenge within my spirit to love.  Seriously!  I mean, I know that Jesus died for him just like He did for me and all.  But, when I read this article about how he had made fun of Sarah Palin, it really did kinda fry my backside.

Now, y'all long-time visitors to Andy's Place know that I am not the biggest Sarah Palin fan in these Nyunited States.  I mean, I don't dislike her...but I'm not a true fan like many others on the right are.  And, honestly I know that she has set herself out there as a spokesperson for right-wing ideals and junk...so, she's fair game.

But, she is not an elected official (she was, until she quit), and she does not have a vote in the US Senate, nor is she running against Harry in his miserable little reelection bid.  So, it really did kinda give me a case of the reds to hear that Harry (the genius) picked on the gal.  With all of the Christianity I could muster, I decided that I was gonna find something nice to say about Reid.

He is a financial genius!  Why, he's been able to make a stinkin' fortune through real estate deals in, and around, Lost Wages, Nevada!  I mean, he and his family have (without ANY POLITICAL INFLUENCE at all) been able to live the American Dream of getting filthy rich by hard work.  Every young person in this nation could learn a thing or two from Harry's hard work, and extremely high moral code!

But, I'll confess that it still did REALLY bug me when he said (speaking of the enormous Tea Party held in his backwater, useless hometown of Searchlight, stinkin' Nevada)  "I was going to give a few remarks on the people who were over here a week ago Saturday," Reid said in a video posted by Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren, "but I couldn't find it written all over my hands. "You betcha..." 


After all, this is the guy that voted "NO!" on his own Health Care Deform legislation, due to the fact that he is certainly mentally retarded, and can't remember what to write on his own hand.  And, it really ticked me off that he'd pick on somebody just because they scribbled notes in the palm of their hand. 

Ya' know, it's really nothing "new" for Harry to go after private citizens.  I mean, this is the guy that for the first time in the history of the US Senate sought to encourage other Senators to sign an open letter of protest against a private US citizen in hopes for said citizen to lose the support of his employer (The Rush Limbaugh letter dealie).  So, it doesn't surprise me at all that he went after Sarah Palin in a moment of humor.  After all, he's a really funny, light-hearted, happy-go-lucky deep well of funniness, and good nature!

 See!  Just as fun as a barrel of monkeys, or somethin' !

 So, I'll go ahead on and say something nice about him (in the spirit of civility).  Harry, I truly appreciate the wise leadership, and love you've shown for our nation as leader of The US Senate.  I truly do.  So...



Back at ya' !

5 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't post this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwNIgFL-76Y

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the new and civil Andy is even funnier than the ornery old Andy from a couple weeks ago. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, I thought about Al Jolson...but it's pretty gay for a blackfaced dude to be singing a song about his wildness for a Harry. Just sayin'... Nyuk! Oh man, that was a blast from back in the past!

    Inno...Thank you very much. The ornery old Andy sucks just as bad as the new civil Andy. But, I truly do appreshunate the kindness of ur wurdz!

    Heck, I NO that my attempts behind humor are EXTREMELY LAME! But, a guys' gotta try...

    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a better man than me, Andy. I wouldn't even be able to claim to be treating the man nicely in any post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do I doubt the sincerity of this post? Am I terminally cynical? ;-)

    wv: cougste. The sound I made while typing this. As in "hack. hack. cougste."

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?