Monday, December 24, 2012

So cute, you really hate to eat 'em...

.

Hey y'all!  Hugs, kisses, yada yada yada...

I thought I would pass along an idea for your holiday entertaining.  I know Christmas is tomorrow, and there is no way in the bad place that I'd get out to the grocery store tonight to rake up provisions for tomorrow, but...

New Year's Celebrations are on the horizon (unless the Mayans missed it by a couple of days), and you might want to give this a try.

Or not.

A friend of mine at work blessed me and my fambly with the Christmas gift of a cheese & cracker tray.  

The cheese is good.

But, here's the wrinkle...

The cheese is surrounded by mice (kinda' like they're standing guard, or something).





Now, is that cute, or what?


The mice are made by dipping maraschino cherries in melted Chocolate Bark, then applying a Hershey's Kiss as a face, and then shoving slivered almonds down between the body and face for ears.

Brilliant.

I guess the eyes are just little dots of red icing.

I'm thinkin' you could do this with Almond Bark, white chocolate Hershey's kisses, and black icing for eyes (Do they sell black icing?), if you wanted you some white lab mice to garnish your cheese tray.

They're almost so cute, you really hate to eat 'em.   And, trust me, I do really hate to eat them.

I mean, to eat them ALL.  We've still got about four that we're saving for tomorrow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?