Sunday, December 7, 2008

I HATE COLD WEATHER! #248

Have I mentioned before that I hate cold weather? I hate everything about it. I don't really hate Winter so much, as long as it ain't a cold one...and due to the fact that they have the good college bowl games in Winter.

But I swear, it has been getting colder earlier and earlier every year here in NW Louisiana. And we don't have that tolerable "dry" cold. Ours makes you cold all the way through...and then some.

I once told The Mrs. "When I turn 50, I am moving to Florida. And when I turn 60, I'm moving to Guatemala. And when I turn 70, I'm moving square on the equator somewhere, to try to stay warm." Of course, being the wise-acre she is she said, "Well, the way you're going, by the time you turn 80 you'll be so danged evil that you'll be ready for a real hot place to live." Wise acre.

I was suffering this morning. I went outside to feed Sadie (Sadie's my yellow lab, not my wife), and danged near lost 3 fingers to frost-bite. I had a bad attitude.

But I sat down to look at my computer letter inbox, and got some encouragement. My cousin Walt (who is the official reviewer of this blog...and not a Redneck by the way) sent me a computer letter that made me realize how foolish it is to wallow in self-pity over freezing my derriere off (if you're from Arkansas, derriere is French for hiney, but Americans can use that word, too) for about one quarter of my life.

I thought I'd share it with y'all.



I found this beautiful winter poem and thought it might be a comfort to you.
It was to me and it's very well written and I hope that you enjoy it too .







Shit It's Cold !


The End

1 comment:

  1. I actually like being cold, because I have about forty pair of long pants that rarely get worn in when I am in Mississippi. Occasionally, I have to wear them or get rid of them. If I got rid of them, my net worth would drop at least 50%. We can't have that, can we?

    I wore gloves and a tuque on my walk yesterday. It felt weird.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?