Saturday, February 28, 2009

I AIN'T HAD THIS MUCH FUN ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON SINCE COLLEGE FOOTBALL SHUT DOWN!

Hi y'all!

Man, I had a fabulous Saturday afternoon. My beloved Great Aunt Peggy celebrated her 90th birthday today. Those 7 people out there that visit this blog have seen comments by "Walt." Well, Aunt Peggy is Walt's Momma. She's 90...looks like 75...and is a real blessing to our whole clan.

She didn't want a party, but her young 'uns, and everybody else would have none of that...so a party we had! There were folks there from Louisiana (I get to see them all of the time, so...snore), Colorado, Kansas (they came in their covered wagon), New York City (get a rope), New Jersey (and the boy still hasn't grown an extra eye), Kennedychussetts, and The Republic of Texas!

Man, I had a good time! I got to see a dear old Uncle, and a dear old Aunt that I don't get to see nearly enough. I got to visit with Walt, and his foxy wife (I swear, since that gal moved down South she just gets hotter and hotter!...don't tell her I said that Walt...okay, go ahead and tell her).

I got to visit my little second cousins that I haven't seen in 15 or 20 years. Man, those little punks really grew up. I got to visit with my dear cousin Betsy (she is still just as crazy as a Betsy-bug). I got to meet spouses and children of my cousins that I never had.

"Family" is really a blessing! It was a great Saturday afternoon...almost as good as college football.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?