Sunday, May 24, 2009

WOULD YOU EAT ONE OF THESE?

I might be late to the dance, and the only human in the blogosphere that missed this one, but...

A German company has developed and marketed a "cheeseburger in a can." Walt sent me a photo and the details. I guess you could take it hiking, or in case you ever get stuck in an elevator, or a traffic jam, or a fallout shelter or something. But really, why would you want one of these?

I mean, you wouldn't want to serve them at a backyard get together, or to people you love, or to people you hate, or really to anybody.

I guess it would work. You can "can" darned near anything. I mean, when I was a kid we lived all summer off Vienna sausages, and potted meat sandwiches. And fish cans very well...tuna, salmon, sardines, etc.

Heck, SPAM will survive nuclear war...it's tougher than cockroaches...and just as tasty.

Anyway, it's a sesame seed bun, lettuce, onions, 'mater, cheese, and a beef patty. It has a shelf life of 1 year, and sells for 5 bucks.

After I wrote this, I found a YouTube video of the darned thing, and found out that you have to boil it for 10 minutes before you eat it. So much for the "stuck in an elevator" deal. By the way, the finished product is not nearly as pleasing to the eye as advertised...lying Jerrys...



I think I'll pass...

2 comments:

  1. How's about some canned bread?
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/little.maggot/R9J0bYJ8WZI/AAAAAAAAAEI/MQiitu7f1-4/canned+bread_thumb%5B1%5D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, it might be better than the plain white Wonder Bread I grew up eating. I wonder if it's already baked, or if you have to boil it for 10 minutes...

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?