Tuesday, July 14, 2009

HAVE YOU EVER CARRIED A MATTRESS ON THE TOP OF YOUR CAR?

Or maybe a 27" console television in the trunk? Or maybe stuffed four under-aged friends into the trunk of your '73 Dodge Dart Swinger so that they could see the "R" rated movie at the Don Drive-In Theater...and for FREE at that?

Well, in my many years of traveling the highways and byways of the US, I have seen (and participated in) some rather odd ways to get some item transported from point A to point B. Some of them I am not proud of. But some, I felt bordered on ingenious.

Ya' know, sometimes you just can't find your buddy with the pickup...or your pickup just ain't running good enough to chance it. I'm sure we've all been there.

But some Okie has topped anything I've ever seen! Evidently, this Gomer bought a bull in Kansas, and set off to transport it to his place just outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Now, when a rancher buys a bull, he will normally transport it in something like this:



Evidently this Okie's buddy that owned the cattle trailer wouldn't let him borrow it that day.






















Well, he looks just as "pleased as punch!" So, I reckon if the buyer is happy, and nobody got killed it's all good...

By the way, if anybody knows who this guy is, let me know would ya'? I would like to send him congratulations for pulling off something I never figured could be done. I'll probably have to do it by phone though. I'm pretty sure this Okie doesn't have e-mail.

4 comments:

  1. DANG it, I was going to argue about this until I saw the car tag. Oh well, it is EASTERN Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! No reason to argue Staci. Heck, I'm thinking this guy should make Oklahoma proud!

    I have actually thought about doing stuff that was not doable in my own car. But I didn't have the Okie grit to give it a try. Sigh...

    Y'all are a tough bunch..whether Eastern Okies, or the OKC crowd...I give a tip of my ball cap to this Gomer. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I scrolled down looking at the pics, I thought: "I wouldn't like to be sitting in the back seat." And sure enough the last pic proved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Pat. You would definitely want "shotgun" on that road trip!

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?