Monday, July 13, 2009

Louisiana's "Second Amendment" Holiday...

Yep! We now have an official "Second Amendment" Holiday in Louisiana.

Well, it's not a real holiday, like you don't have to work or something. It's an even better holiday. It's a TAX holiday. The Louisiana Legislature passed, and Gov. Bobby Jindal signed into law, a bill that will exempt firearms, and ammunition from State sales taxes for three days in September (normally Labor Day weekend).

Now, that is one instance where I don't mind the gubmit getting involved!

Got a funny e-mail from Cowdad:

I called my stockbroker this morning and asked him what I should be buying.

He said, "Canned Goods and Ammunition!"


Y'all have a good Monday. And if you've got a spare prayer up your sleeve, we sure could use some rain in Northwest Louisiana. It's dry. Bad dry. Dangerously dry. It has been this way for WAY too long.

The forecast for every day this week is dry, with a high temperature of three million degrees (give or take a thousand). But it sure hasn't kept the grass from growing...

1 comment:

  1. It was 110 as I was driving home from work today. (770 in dog heat)

    It's bone dry here too. The grass grows because I water it every evening; I want to see if I can get a utility bill like Sloth Gore.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?