Thursday, August 13, 2009

One Sure Result of "Health Care Reform"...



I have not weighed in on the Health Care Reform bill debate. Truthfully, many thousands of others have done a much better job presenting the foolishness, folly, and degradation of quality, and liberty that will result if Obamacare is made law.

I was sitting in the office of one of my customers the other day. He is a sharp guy, and has a retail business with two locations here locally. He's worried. I do not know how many employees he has, but a rough guess would be 40 (including full, and part time).

He said to me, "Andy, I'm worried about this health care bill. You know how hard it is to make a real net profit after all the taxes. I can not afford to provide health insurance for my employees. No way! And if they add 8% payroll tax...or whatever it's going to be...I'm just gonna shut it down."

"I'm not fighting this any more. It wouldn't be worth my time. I'll go do something else."

I don't know how much has been written about this, but I can see his story repeated literally hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of times throughout the US. Unemployment will certainly skyrocket, as small business guys and gals throw in the towel from sea to shining sea.

As a result, I will lose one of my best customers...and many other suppliers will, too. In fact, I can see several of my dealers that just barely make it from month to month doing the same thing. The ripple effect of these hundreds of thousands of hard-working entrepreneurs cashing in their chips will likely bring the economy to something worse than a standstill.

We must convince our Senators & Reps. to oppose the plan as currently constructed. Do we need "health care reform?" Probably. But before we tackle that, we need to tackle tort reform and illegal immigration. Handling those two items correctly will solve a great number of the current problems in the US health care system.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?