Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Think I'm gonna give it a tumble tonight...

No...probably not "that."

If you are as miserably cold as I am...wait, lemme stop here...

It occurs to me that all of our new reader may not have read my previous two million posts about how much I hate cold weather. (I would provide links, but they are just as boring as this) It is miserable...wet...cold...wind blowing my skirt up, etc.

So, I plan to eat some good dinner (Blackened Tilapia, au gratin potatoes, and green beans that The Mrs. is working on right now), and watch some TV under 12 blankets. For several weeks, I have been hearing promos for the Steven Seagal "reality TV" show "Steven Seagal: Lawman" program that will air tonight on A&E.

Now, being a Louisiana boy, this is interesting to me. Way back in time, Seagal made friends with Jefferson Parish Sheriff, Harry Lee. I have often mentioned Harry Lee on this blog. Lee was one of the most powerful men in the Great State of Louisiana for most of his adult life. He was a big ole, tough, chink, that was born in the back of his Momma & Daddy's chink laundry in New Orleans. (now...how's that for a stereotype?...but it's the truth)

He was one tough SOB. Lee was cut from the old cloth, and didn't put up with any junk in "his Parish." Harry was the Sheriff that sent deputies out there on the bridge to keep the riff-raff from Orleans Parish OUT in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

(If you want all the details on my posts about Harry, you'll have to Gooble it, because dinner is getting close to done).

Regardless, it seems that Harry & Steven Seagal "hit it off." And Steven Seagal has spent a good bit of his adult life helping out in Jefferson Parish, as a Deputy.

So, I'm gonna give it a tumble. It might not be worth watching, as I don't really care much for "on the street" cop shows. We shall c.

It airs tonight on A&E at 10:00 Eastern. That's 9:00 my time. If I'm still awake, I'm gonna give it a tumble. Here is one of the promos they're running...

1 comment:

  1. Ah, we're of the same mind where "cold" is concerned. I hate it, pure and simple.

    I have no opinion on Seagal, but your sheriff hero dude sounds like a good man.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?