Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Humpday Hottie...maybe the last one...

Hey y'all!  Hugs, kisses, yada yada yada...

Good Wednesday afternoon!  I'm hoping y'all are all having a blessed, and productive day. 

I've been having some thoughts about shutting down "Humpday Hottie," at least for a while.  I've had lots of complaints, and other bloggers actually throwing barbs at me.  Let's take ClassicaLiberal for instance.  A couple of weeks ago, he wrote something on his blog about "Well, we don't put pictures of skaggots up on Wednesday like Andy does, and all." (paraphrased)

That hurt.  I'm not the type to wear my feelings on my sleeve, but even Ironmen like myself don't expect to get blindsided by virtual friends.  Just sayin'...

But, that's not all.  The originator of "Humpday Hottie," none other than The Mayor himself, has stated just today, "Let’s face it, Hump Day Hottie is sooooo spring of 2008..."  What he's really sayin' is, "I'm sick and tired of EVERYBODY on the net piggy-backing off all my great ideas, and suckin' lemons in the process."  Ya' gotta know how to read between the lines when you're being given a back-handed smack by The Mayor.  So, what he did was post some really gay picture of Scott Baio.  The Mayor can do some odd things to make his point...

So, I might wrap this up today, but do it in a more serious way than in the past.  I want to put in a plug for "older women."  Ya' know, there are some gorgeous older women.  In fact, our buddy, Buck posted a piece on Sunday about the sexiness of older women.  His post actually features a NSFW magazine cover of a 50-year-old French gal that illustrates the point.

So, I decided to maybe kinda' feature a "hot" older woman, and combine it with a little trivia quiz.  Let's see if any of y'all know this bit of American trivia.


Most everyone that reads this blog will remember the adorable little "Coppertone Girl" in the blue swimsuit that graced the pages of magazines, newspapers, billboards, and even some television ads in the 50's & 60's. 

But, I'm wondering if anyone can identify the little gal that posed for the ads?  Who was The "Coppertone Girl?"

Well, I'll give you some clues...

1) She's all grown up of course.

2)  She lives near Winter Springs, Florida.




3)  She's still hot!

13 comments:

  1. Andy, That thing you said about stopping humpday hottie. After seeing this one, I think it's a good idea. A damn good idea. (Oops. was that a curse word?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought Jodie Foster was the Coppertone Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I remember right, whoever drew it, it was their daughter? I'm not even going to Gooble it, let the chips fall where they may!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan, that's okay...a curse word is in order (occasionally).

    Red, I don't actually know who The Coppertone Girl was...but I doubt that anybody would try to kill a President over the "growed up" results posted here.

    Staci, I think I will Gooble it. It would be interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red got it, Jodie Foster. Yes, I used the Gooble, so shoot me.
    I had no idea it was her, kinda cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes. I'm never going to the beach again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmm....Jodie's kinda' let herself go the last few years, huh? Interesting.

    The mystery is sloved! I love comments...I learn so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the most dastardly thing to do. Sheer frickin' EVIL. You hooked me into the "Read More" trap because of the Coppertone Girl thing. I shall have my revenge and it will come at a time and place of my choosing.

    Oooh. Evil.

    wv: aldledne. I think that's the active ingredient in eye wash and I need a gallon of same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buck, bring it on, my friend! I love being surprised...and kinda' half-way like being grossed out.

    I'm odd that way...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andy (if that is your real name), do NOT give up on the Hump Day Hottie, we are just beginning.

    It's the beginning of the beginning. Ya, that's what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Andy... I didn't mean to hurt yer feelers. I was just trying to post real hotties, not 700 lb women. I guess that I never stopped to think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

    I support you in your new love adventure Andy. Fat girls need love, too. Even if you're not going to post any more pitchers of em here at your blarg. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait, "she lives near Winter Srpings, Florida"

    Rush Limbaugh is the Coppertone Girl?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CL, you've raised an interesting point. Come to think of it...has anybody ever seen Jodie Foster and Rush Limbaugh TOGETHER?

    Hmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?