Friday, May 14, 2010

A note from my Airman...

Hey y'all!  Hugs, kisses, yada yada yada...

Got a short note from my oldest boy man, who is stationed at Offutt AFB, Nebraska...

Hey,

I got the totally cool opportunity to be on the flag detail for the 338th's annual retreat ceremony last week. The commander even gave me his coin -- the first commander's coin I've been awarded.

I don't have a picture of the coin, but I've attached a good one of us taking down the flag.
Love,  Dean
He is a man of few words.  I guess that comes in handy when you're a Linguist...gotta be a good listener, I think.
He's the one in the middle.
 I'm so proud of him.

7 comments:

  1. You have every right to be proud! That picture kinda gives you goosebumps, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did good Andy, and so did you and the Mrs. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, and Dan, thanks! If you two knew the uphill battle he has fought just to get to where he is right now...it would really give you goosebumps.

    He did good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, is your son in a GANG?!?!?! He is dressed just like the other two guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most excellent photo, and it brings back some memories. I had more than a few opportunities to "star" in flag details, given I spent the majority of my career on small radar sites (75 ~ 100 troops, max). This was the one detail I never minded pulling.

    Good on Dean, you and Pam have every right to be proud of him. We're ALL proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buck, aren't we proud of THEM ALL!!!

    Paul, check your glasses. One of those "guys" in the gang is an Airchick.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?