Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sestak, Bubba, & ObozO...

Without restating everything that you have all read by now...

The story that Congressman Joe Sestak (D-PA) was offered some yet to be truthfully disclosed "job" by The White House for leaving the old dinosaur Arlen Specter alone in the Pennsylvania Democrat Senatorial Primary is all over the news.

I honestly do believe that this story has "legs."  Most of this kinda stuff just goes away when the next BIG THING comes along.  But, I've got my doubts that this will die soon.

Initial reports were that Sestak was offered some "unpaid advisory commission" job.  Gimme a stinkin' break!  Does anybody REALLY believe that?  Well, maybe you do.  As the news began to unfold, we discover that this "job for no pay" is one that Sestak could not legally hold anyway if he had remained in Congress.

Many are writing that this bribe, and what really does seem to be a cover-up at this point, evokes memories of Nixon...and the "I word" is being thrown around.  Personally, I do not see this (even if it turns out that it is a "for pay" job) as something one would call a "high crime or misdemeanor," worthy of impeaching the President.  This kind of thing is done all the time at the Federal, State, and even local level.  Heck, I would bet that half the US Ambassadorships are sold awarded for campaign contributions, or support in one race or another.

And, at this point no one...not Rahm, Sestak, Specter, Robert Gibbs, ObozO or Bubba (the go-between) have been put under oath.  The questions have only been asked by the Press at this point.  Certainly the answers have been vague, and pretty poor tap dances.  But, nobody has refused to answer questions under oath, or lied under said oath.  That may come eventually, and then we'll see what happens.

However, many are suggesting that the mere offer of a job for a "specific action" by another is certainly "bribery," and would constitute a high crime.  The argument does have merit.  But, I would tend to accept that as "politics," and only consider a cover-up (perjury, etc.)  as worthy to be defined as a "high crime."

But, this story really raises a couple of questions in my mind.  The first question is, "Why would ObozO & his Rhamulan approach Clinton to take the "offer" (whatever it may have been) to Sestak?  Why Bubba?

The second question is, "Why would Bubba agree to carry the offer to Joe?"

I've got a couple of thoughts.  Let's look at question #2 first...why did Bubba sign on for this task?    Bill Clinton is a lot of things...but STUPID is not one.  Conniving, narcissistic, calculating, experienced, a major league horndog...yes!  But, stupid...no.  Clinton knows well the sting of "Presidential impeachment."  He is the singular living human that does (well...he, and Hillary, his co-President).  Bubba is sharp enough to know that something akin to a "bribe" might likely doom a Presidency.  Not that ObozO needs any help with failure, mind you...but Bubba and Hillary are a "one way street."  And, it all runs their way!  I've always believed that a true "I can't believe this worthless, never done anything, wet behind his big ears Kenyan screwed us out of the White House" disgust has motivated EVERY action by the Clintons, when it comes to their "support" of ObozO.

I have thought since Hillary took that sucky job as ObozO's Secretary of State that she did it for one reason, and one reason alone...to stay close enough to the "inner circle" to gather enough crap so that she can spread it all over Barack when she finally resigns due to "philosophical differences," and is eventually "urged by millions" to challenge Obama for the Dimocrat Presidential nomination in 2012.

And, you've got Bubba himself that has made statements tagging Obama as a "typical Chicago thug politician,"...and noting to Ted Kennedy (may he Rot In Hell) that Obama ought to be pouring coffee for the white folk...not leading them.  Clinton is a well-known racist...just ask anybody in Arkansas that knows him.  But in this case, he's probably right.  I'm pretty sure Obama could even screw up a minimum wage job as the "coffee boy" at the Arlington Hotel, but I digress.

I firmly believe that Bubba (and Hillary) took the measure of the request from the White House, and decided, "Well, hell yeah!  I'll do it!" knowing that if any dookie began to fly, neither one would be truly culpable for any "wrong doing."  But, it could be that the request did not come as a surprise at all...and that Bubba was expecting it.

Just suppose Congressional hearings do take place, and Bubba is called to testify...

"Well, I was approached by The Rahmulan. President Obama wanted to make sure that Arlen died in peace at his desk and not in his dingy basement feeling like a real idiot for thinking he might possibly have screwed himself over by coming over to the Democratic Party, and losing anyway.  So, at the behest of The President, The Rahmulan asked me to offer a job to Joe if he would sit out the Senate campaign against Arlen.  The job was whatever (Clinton being entirely honest for once in his life).  I was just the go-between.  It never crossed my mind that it might be somehow illegal.  But, now I see that it's likely that it was.  Who knew?  I regret it now, and my testimony here today is truthful, yada yada yada..." 

No matter where the chips fall in this deal, Bubba has ZERO to lose.  What are you gonna' do?  Impeach him AGAIN?

How would The Rahmulan testify?:

"The President and I had a lengthy discussion, and he concluded that the administration should offer Congressman Sestak whatever job in exchange for dropping out of the PA Senate race.  I was reluctant to approach President Clinton, but at the behest of The President, I did.  I regret it now, and my testimony here today is truthful, yada yada yada..."

So, that brings me to question #1.  Why did The White House approach Bubba to be the errand boy on this one?  Why not The Rhamulan himself?  Why not Slow Joe Biden?  Why not Nanny P, or Hoyer? 

Let us never forget that The Rahmulan is a stinkin' rat!  And even stinkin' rats know when it's time to abandon a sinking ship.  And, let us also not forget that Rahm, Hillary, and Bubba go "way back."  Rahm is just as conniving as the Clintons...and they all have so much dirt on each other that they are ALL joined at the hip out of self defense

My firm belief is that this whole deal was unnecessary to begin with.  Sestak's political stance mirrors Obama's probably even more closely than Specter.  And, in "da' polls," Sestak has a better chance of beating Pat Toomey for the PA Senate seat than did Arlen.  Was there some kind of "personal loyalty" that Obama felt toward Arlen that prompted this whole thing?  Puh-leeze!!!!  That does not exist in the Baracktionary!

Nope.  I believe that Rahm made this an issue with Obama for the express purpose of giving Obama a black eye...for the express purpose of bloodying his nose...for the express purpose of getting in Hillary's good graces again as he plans to catch a life-boat off of this Titanic of an administration.  She's gonna' need a campaign manager when she challenges ObozO...and she's gonna need a Chief of Staff if she wins, ya' know. 

Sure, it may never amount to anything.  And, this whole thing could just fade away.  But, the Clintons, and Rahm know that you've gotta keep all your bases covered.

Just in case.

Okay...maybe Andy is wearing his tin foil hat again this afternoon.  But, "politics" is a blood sport.  And, President Obama has proven that he don't know dog crap from shoeshine. I believe he's being "played" on this one by Bubba, Hillary, and The Rahmulan.

However, I've got no sympathy for him.  He deserves every gut punch that this story might land.

5 comments:

  1. I just got out my tinfoil hat and put it on. I think you just might be right, especially with the Clinton angle. And yes, Rahm's no dummy either.
    Bill Clinton is very intelligent and has impeccable political acumen. He knew what he was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I also put on my tinfoil hat, I agree completely. Obama might think he's a big "playah" but I have thought from the beginning of this story that he got outplayed by the masters.

    When he was asked at his press conference about it, and he deferred to a "later statement", I had to roll up the pant legs and hold my nose, because the dooky was getting deep, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, and Staci: I don't know if I'm right or not. But ANY TIME I see Bubba involved in something, my suspicial level rises from "maybe" to "well, of course!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything that Bill and Hillary do is politically motivated. It's natural to him, she is much more conniving. Deep down, you know that she hates Obama. Bill, just somewhat. He knows how to bide his time and turn events to his advantage. Hillary really believed she could persevere in the primaries, but Bill saw what was happening and knew the jig was up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read Jim's comment, my immediate thought was "Yes, Hill hates Obama, but just "somewhat" hates Bill. heh heh heh

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?