Thursday, June 3, 2010

They're cute when they're little...

A couple of quick stories this Thursday AM.  The first one is true...I'm not sure about the second one.

When my eldest son (now almost 30) was about 3 years old, we were headed to Church one Sunday morning.  He was dressed in a little jacket, and all buckled up in the back seat.  He had graduated to one of those "booster seat" types by then.


As we were driving along, I heard him let loose an ear-splitting sneeze.  He was a "loud sneezer." (still is)  As is our habit, his Mom and I rang out the standard, "Bless You!"  

In just a short time, I heard him whining about something.  I asked him, "Dean, what's wrong?"  As I looked back, I saw him with two gynormous strings of snot hanging out of his nose...much of it having run down all over his little jacket and tie.

Tearfully, he said, "Daddy, I got bless you all over!"

Here is one I stole off of Darrell...

The Boy and the Pastor.

A pastor was walking down his neighborhood street one day and was feeling down because he didn't think people were getting his messages to help and visit the elderly. Then he noticed a little boy from his church trying to reach the knocker on an elderly woman's door.

Excited that at least he had gotten the message he went to help him. He walked up on the porch and pounded the knocker on the door. Then he looked down at the little boy and asked what do we do now. 

The little boy looked up with suprise and yelled, "RUN!!!"

5 comments:

  1. Both great stories. Reminds me of my brother-in-law's 4 year old riding with my sister. They saw a yard that had been 'rolled', John looked at it and said 'Wow, they sure got wiped!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahahaha! They're cute when they're little...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Tearfully, he said, "Daddy, I got bless you all over!"

    "They're cute when they are little"
    Yes indeed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's snot funny!

    badda-da-BOOMP! I'll be here all week and don't forget to tip your waiter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed it is snot funny, Buck! Good one! Your tip is in the mail.

    Red...they certainly are so precious. Then they grow up...

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?