Saturday, February 14, 2009

SOMETIMES BEING STUCK IN NEW ORLEANS AIN'T SO BAD...

I got a computer letter from a friend today that asked the question...

How can 2 million black people get into Washington DC in sub zero temps in 1 day when 200,000 couldn't get out of New Orleans at 85 degrees with four days notice?



Well, it seems that sometimes being stuck in The Big Easy ain't such a bad thing...I don't think these old boys were black, due to their names.

I reckon getting stuck in New Orleans for a while is preferable to the alternative.

Flight Delay Saves 3 from Devastating Buffalo Plane Crash -

Three people booked on the Continental commuter flight that crashed and killed all 49 on board missed the plane because of a delay in their connection.

Dave Beckeny, Paul Dwaragowski and a third unidentified business associate were booked on Flight 3407 but never boarded the doomed plane because they were held up for five hours in New Orleans, WCBS 880 Radio in New York reported.

It was a delay that saved their lives. (more)

2 comments:

  1. At one point, I remember reading a study that proved that there was always a much higher cancellations rate on flights that crashed. I am assuming that this leaves the impression that God does allow free will to happen and does have a mission for everyone.

    I gotta find that, it was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Two Dogs, I'll bet it was cool. I'd like to see it myself if you find it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?