Saturday, February 14, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY (UPDATE)...

Well, I went over to WalMart to buy The Mrs. a new non-stick skillet for her Valentine's Day gift. And I was right. That Mardi Gras Parade that is happening tonight had already brought out about 10,000 people to that one little spot on the parade route by 11:00 a.m.

I swear, I've never seen so many cooking trailers, RVs, campers, or rednecks in one spot in my life. There were flags from everywhere. I saw OU Sooner flags, Texas Longhorn flags, Stinkin' Arkansas Razorback flags...but of course the most popular were the LSU/Mardi Gras purple & gold.

And if I'm lying, I'm dying...there were more Confederate States of America flags than I've seen since that last Klan rally in Toledo, Ohio that I saw on FoxNews!

Anyway, I waded through the crowd and here is the results of my Valentine's Day shopping for the love of my life.


I went ahead on and bought a set of 3 no-stick skillets in order to impress her. Besides the set of 3 was cheaper than just one of those stupid name-brands you've heard of before. I was feeling sick, and I almost blew chunks when I saw the Paula Dean skillets (her picture is on the label).

I also bought a rose, and the last Valentine's Day card on the center-aisle rack. It was actually hiding behind the envelopes, but I sniffed it out.

Man, was The Mrs. ever surprised and thrilled with her Valentine's Day gifts when she walked into the dining room! She gave me a big hug, and I told her, "As bad as you want to, don't kiss me. One of us has got to stay healthy." She told me, "Andy, you shouldn't have spent the money on a rose." I told her, "Don't sweat it...a bow ribbon was $2, so I bought a buck-fifty rose instead." She was proud of my thriftiness.

I'm not usually one to brag, but...Do I know what women like, or what?

By the way, while I was gone this morning, The Mrs. made me up a special Valentine's Day treat...a big plate of chocolate covered strawberries for dessert tonight.

I just love her...always thinking about me, and awful easy to please...

4 comments:

  1. Dang, it is going to take FOREVER to wash those strawberries off. Did she pick them in a swamp or something? Those are seriously the dirtiest strawberries that I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TD: I reckon I'll just lick the dirt off, and pass the strawberries to everybody else.

    They could all use a good case of the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, you are just so very romantic! Non stick skillets... Why not a vacuum cleaner, a string mop and a washboard!

    Now, of course, the real search begins. I fully expect that you will find a non-stick toilet seat for her to install on your wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang Walt...now you're talking! I think the 30th anniversary is "teflon," huh?

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?