Saturday, February 14, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY...

Hey y'all! I have been suffering the ravages of what may be a minor case of the flu for the last two days and nights. I haven't felt like doing nothing.

So, when I woke up this morning at 8 o'clock...8 stinkin' o'clock (I haven't slept until 8 for...well maybe ever) I realized it is Valentine's Day, and I've got nothing for The Mrs. Crud... I am feeling some better today, but I was stumped as to a gift.

So, The Mrs. is trying to nurse me back to health. For breakfast, she cooked a fabulous cheese omelet with grilled onions, peppers, and tomatoes. And some killer hash brown potatoes. As we were sitting at the table eating, she said, "This omelet tried to stick. That non-stick skillet doesn't work anymore, even if you spray it."

Light bulb moment...worn-out non-stick skillet...Valentine's Day... My problem is solved. I gotta run over to WalMart now before I get to feeling all punky again. I don't think I'll wrap it, as I don't have a box the shape of a skillet. I'll just put a bow-ribbon on it I guess.

Oh crud...I just remembered that they're having that stupid Krewe of Centaur Mardi Gras Parade this evening over in Shreveport. It runs right in front of my WalMart...there is gonna be a million people out there setting up their tents, and grills, and crawfish pots...probably already started drinking (and I don't mean iced tea).

I reckon I'll go on anyway. She deserves a gift on "the big day." Ooooohhhh, she's gonna be surprised!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?