Saturday, July 11, 2009

Odd Creatures Week wraps up...

Well my friends, yesterday one of two things happened...and I'm not sure which it was. Yesterday was the first day of "Odd Creatures Week" that not one single reader took a stab at identifying this cute little gal.

Ha! Gotcha! Actually, The Mrs. looked at the picture this morning, and said, "Andy, that is a Frill-necked Lizard...or a Frill-necked Dragon as some call it." She was precisely correct. A regular walking Nancy Pelosi look-alike in my book.

So, I am assuming that either a) No one visited this blog yesterday. Or b) I stumped several million people who visit regularly. I'll just go with "B" for the sake of my ego.

It has been a really, really, really fun, and interesting time showing you all these odd creatures. Let's just dump the rest of them on you...no need to guess. I'll identify them for you, and you can research any that you like. I hope you've enjoyed playing as much as I have.


Yeti Crab
(wonder where they got that name?)


Sucker-footed Bat
(Holy dart-gun Batman!)


Komondor Dog
(Wouldn't you love to brush him?)


Blobfish
(Yes, it is a Blobfish...it's not Ted Kennedy)


Aye-aye
(Is that cute or what? I mean "cute," in a really ugly, weird way.)

Axolotl
(It's a Mexican mole salamander. Looks amazingly similar to a chemistry professor I had in college.)

And the "oddest creature" on the planet (now that Michael Jackson has taken the dirt nap.)




Chastity (Chaz) Bono
(it's the one on the right)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?