Monday, August 17, 2009

Blog junk...Profile Photo...

Okay, so Staci mentioned in the comments that she liked my new blog profile picture. And I am truly blushing...

But, I have had hundreds of two complaints. So, let me 'splain...

I figured it was time for "Change!" I mean, as much as all eight of you loved the old photo of me making Sadie look stupid (she didn't even know I was making her look dumb...HA HA HA HA!!!...I just kill me), time marches on! In the words of the immortal John Anderson..."The only thing that stays the same, is that everything changes, everything chaaaaaaannnnnjiz!"

Now, for those of you with a very short memory, this is my old profile photo...


And this is the new one...

I thought about just using the gorgeous photo of my beautiful feet that I posted yesterday as my profile photo. But, that has already been done! My buddy Gullyborg over at "Resistance is futile!" has beat me to the punch. And I must say, his foots put mine to shame!


BTW, I only posted my foot photo because my buddy Paul Mitchell did right here. Mwahahahahahahahahahaha Crocs! Since Paul is one of the most influential right-wing bloggers on the net...and he took the plunge...I figured I'd better jump on the train before it left the station. I've got a feeling that once this catches on, we're gonna see more right-wing foots than we are able to tolerate. But I digress.

Pondering this big "blog decision," I figured that any new profile photo of me should include Sadie. Sort of a "transitional" thing, so as not to confuse all eight of my readers...

So, I got The Mrs. to shoot some pictures of me and Sadie (otherwise known as the sweetest, happiest, and stupidest animal on the planet...Sadie, not The Mrs.!!!).

For your convenience, I will number these photos. Pay attention...there will be a qwerstchun later!

Sadie knew we were up to something, and immediately threw on the brakes. If no one has a camera in hand, she will throw her entire self into ANY attempt at human contact. But if you break out the Kodak, it's like chewing old cake to get her to comply. I had to drag her into the shade by her front legs...and she still was not convinced that she wasn't about to get a shot, or a feces/worm check at the vet or something.

#1: I like this one. But it looks like I have saggy man boobs...not that I don't...I just don't want to show that to the whole world.

#2: This one is not much better...the moobs are not disguised, and my nose looks really big (not that it's not...I just don't want to show the whole world).

#3: Now, this one I like! Sadie has calmed down and realized that no harm will come to her this afternoon. But it's a little out of focus.

#4: The Mrs. recommended this one. She says it reminds her of me after 8 pm.

#5: This one might be the best. Calm Sadie (showing her loving affection...moobs not drooping...nose not in profile mode...my irresistible, wise, knowing smile...)

The only other thought I had was to break out a photo from the archives. This is me a few years ago. It was taken while I was watching LSU humiliate OU in the 2003 BCS National Championship game.

It's amazing how "gray" I have gotten since then. Well, being an LSU fan can do that to you.

So, whatayathink? I will leave it up to all eight of y'all that read this blog to decide which glorious piece of digital artwork you prefer to view when visiting Andy's Place. Should I stick with my new photo...revert to the old one...or use one of the others from the second team?

Since I aims to please, I'm all ears (and nose)! Sigh...

5 comments:

  1. At the risk of embarrassing you, you've got such a nice face - real mensch. I bet your wife likes your bald spot. Oh and Sadie really is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I'm blushing... And yes, the bald spot is the thing she likes the most. She is praying for it's expansion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, all I can say is the ASPCA is going to be on ya! Imagine, having a picture of you strangling a dog as the photo on your blog! Why, I'm of a mind to CC this to PETA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walt, HA!!! Pam said the same thing.

    I told her that I was not "torturing" Sadie by choking her. I was just giving her a loving kiss.

    She said, "Andy, both might qualify as 'torture.' " Wiseacre...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have one with you and Sadie and that keraaaazy squirrel that's all the rage right now?

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?