Saturday, August 8, 2009

Love Song Saturday Night.

I was just a kid when I saw the movie/musical "South Pacific." But I was captivated by one particular love song. "Some Enchanted Evening" just seemed so way cool. I mean, it was like you could see some girl way across a crowded room, fall immediately in love, and live happily ever after!

Little did I know that a few years later it would happen to me. I saw Pam across a crowded High School gym during a basketball game. She went to a different high school than I did, but she was sitting next to a guy (Butch) that I umped little league baseball with in the summer. I was 17, and she was one day shy of 16.

I fell immediately in love with her. I figured this was my one shot, so I "ran to the opposing stands," made some small-talk with Butch, and introduced myself to the woman that would be my life partner, mother of my four boys, and at times my only reason for living.

So, I'm gonna share the Perry Como recording of "Some Enchanted Evening." I could run on and on about what happened that night...how things unfolded in the days after...but we've all got our own love stories. Just enjoy...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?