Sunday, September 27, 2009

IT'S BROKE, YOU MORON!

I was reading an article this morning that just makes me shake my head. Will "journalists" ever become objective, and truthful in their reporting? It raises a couple of questions. Are they really as dumb as they let on? Or, do they think we are?

This article from the Associated Press discusses the "strain" being placed on Social Security, as people are opting to begin collecting benefits earlier, due to the bad economy. I have no doubt that that is true. I fully intend to apply for my benefits at the earliest possible time, whether I need them or not.

But somebody explain this passage to me:

WASHINGTON (AP) - Big job losses and a spike in early retirement claims from laid-off seniors will force Social Security to pay out more in benefits than it collects in taxes the next two years, the first time that's happened since the 1980s.

The deficits - $10 billion in 2010 and $9 billion in 2011 - won't affect payments to retirees because Social Security has accumulated surpluses from previous years totaling $2.5 trillion. But they will add to the overall federal deficit.


Really? Social Security has accumulated surpluses totaling $2.5 trillion. Hmmm...well then WHY will these excess payouts add to the overall federal deficit? I mean, there's $2.5 trillion in the bank, right?

Of course, if you are intelligent enough to be reading this blog, you understand that there is no such thing as a Social Security Trust Fund. You understand that Congress has spent every bit of that overage on retarded welfare programs, bailouts, yada yada yada for decades. Look, you drop a dollar bill in an unflushed fillin' station toilet, and a Congressman will fish it out.

The greedy rascals have raided any "real money" that ever did accumulate from Social Security contributions to spend on worthless foolishness. for the express purpose of keeping their jobs. I blame EVERYBODY! Presidents of both parties, and Congressional leaders of both parties have screwed this nation into a financial mountain of granite...and it seems that the drill has no reverse.

Regardless, it is what it is. I would just like to see some objectivity, and truth when reporting the fiasco. IT'S BROKE! WE'RE ALL BROKE!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure there is a Social Security Trust Fund. I mean, Obama wouldn't lie about something like that... right?

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?