Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ho-regon apartment complex now safe for Americans...

I have been following this story for a couple of days, but am just now getting around to it.

It seems that an apartment complex manager in Albany, Oregon, one Barb Holcomb, threatened to evict a tenant because he sported an American Flag on the back of his motorcycle. This tenant is obviously a threat to the safety, and high-class status of The Oaks Apartments.

The renter, Jim Clausen, has a son in the US military...soon headed back to Iraq. I can certainly understand why a worthless guy like Jim should be evicted! He obviously did a piss-poor job of raising his son. I mean...a father that raises an equally worthless son, who joins the satanic ranks of the US military...and then dares to fly a US flag on his motorcycle (I'll bet he's in the Hell's Angels or something)...well, that is definitely NOT the kind of tenant an apartment manager wants to deal with.

I'll have to give this Barb Holcomb gal some credit, though. In this article, I read her saying something that VERY FEW people EVER say in public!

"What we were trying to do was to keep the peace," she told the station, declining to say if a particular incident sparked the ban. "Obviously, we were wrong. If the peace needs to be kept, it belongs to the police department."

Holcomb received numerous calls from the media focusing on the American flag ban, although the policy itself did not specifically single out the U.S. flag and allow the flags of other nations.

"I made a policy. I was wrong," she said.

Sharron White, a long-time resident, was originally told by management to take down the flag she'd flown on her car for eight years because "someone might get offended."

"I just said to her, 'They'll just have to get over it,'" White said before the ban was lifted.


How often do you hear someone say, "I was wrong!" ???? I mean, I am a married man, and it's my most often used phrase...but I don't admit to it in published material. Oh, wait...

BTW, here is a photo from Andy's Place. We proudly fly Old Glory. And I dare any "neighborhood association" hack, or America-hater to mess around with it...or me! Of course, we live in "the hood," and don't have no stinkin' neighborhood association. That's what I love about "the hood."

2 comments:

  1. Oregon really is a weird place. On the way home from work today I was stopped at a red light behind one car with an Obama sticker and, in the next lane, was a truck with a "Happiness is a warm gun" sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't live in an apartment complex that was so "politically correct" that you couldn't proudly display our nation's flag. Not a fit place to live, and not a fit person to pay anything to.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?