Friday, October 16, 2009

Saturday Picks...

Alright y'all, we're well into Week 6, with a full slate of games set up for Saturday. My beloved Tigers will not lose this weekend, due to the fact that we are not playing. But then, we didn't play much last Saturday either. Sigh...

I have been thinking of ways to "pad" my accuracy average, especially after the debacles of the last two weekends. It occurred to me that I could pick something like 30 games (24 of which would not be in doubt before kickoff), thus raising my "RIGHT" total quickly.

Ya' know...like #5 Boise State v. #122 Tulsa, or #8 Cincinnati v. South Florida. BTW, I watched both of those games, and I have many thoughts on non-BCS Conference performance, and the polls...but that will be for another time.

Regardless, I have decided that's the pansy's way. So, I will once again ONLY pick the games that I am really interested in.

#1 Florida at home v. stinkin' Arkansas.

stinkin' Arkansas has an explosive offense for sure. But Timbow and his fellows will run all over their defense. Take that 13 points the Gators scored last week against LSU...triple it...and give The Hogs 10 more than Florida allowed last week.

Florida - 39, stinkin' Arkansas - 13.

#2 Alabama at home v. #22 South Carolina.

St. Nick & The Tide - 30, SC & my least favorite SEC coach - 9. (Yes, even less favored than Richt)

If you have read this pitiful blog for very long, you will know that I was ringing the "Alabama is overrated" bell all last season. Now, I am ringing the "'Bama is underrated" bell. Even at #2, I believe they are underrated. Will they be the eventual National Champs? Dunno. But at this point in the season, they be #1.

#3 Texas v. #20 Oklahoma.

Texas is not nearly as good as advertised. OU is getting healthy. The Red River Rivalry will kick off at 11:00 Central (the REAL time, btw). The Sooners are not 100%, but their 75% will spoil that little ol' State Fair for Beevo. OU - 27, Texas - 20.

As a disclaimer, I have many Sooner fans in my family, and as friends. I like all of them. I have many Longhorn fans in my family. I don't like them as much. Just saying...

#6 USC v. #25 Notre Dame.

I normally am not interested in pac-10 ball games. But when I see an "upset" in the crystal ball for USC, I become interested.

The Dame has their best squad since I was 40, and have many years of "humiliation" to make up for. Notre Dame - 22, USC - 17.

Pandelerium will break out in Indiana. The lines for confession will be long, as the Catholic Church quickly recruits, trains, and flies in Priests from all points..."saving, and creating" hundreds of jobs (at no cost to the US taxpayer).

Well, that's about it. Y'all enjoy the games. The weather here has finally become just "glorious!" After what seems like two weeks of rain, and humidity...it's clear, crisp, and sunny.

The weather could not be more perfect to sit inside all day Saturday, and look at the TV!

1 comment:

  1. If yer playin' for point spreads, ouch...on straight wins/losses, double ouch :(

    One of my three teams won, I know; one was winning when I called it a night with colorfully metaphoric overtones; the third -- William and Mary -- I am blissfully ignorant of, but I reckon they're 6-1 now. Optimism dies hard when it's real ;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?