Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Black History Groundhog Day...

Since EVERYTHING that takes place in February must figure in to the celebration of Black History, then so must Groundhog Day. Now, I will confess that I do not know the formula on the ignorant Groundhog. I do not know which it is...shadow, or not, that signals 6 more weeks of winter, or whatever!

I don't know, because I don't care. It is ridiculous. Of course there are going to be 6 more weeks of winter up there. Heck, there might be 6 more months! We've got a friend from Massachusetts that told us they didn't even have a summer up there last year. And, it is likely to become more and more common. Face it! The. Earth. Is. Getting. Colder. Any dufus that still buys Al Gore's crap is beyond help.

So, they'll be up there awaiting Phil's appearance. Ignorant.

We do it a little different down here in NW Louisiana. As you may, or may not know, a few years ago Shreveport elected its' first black Mayor, Mr. Cedric Glover. Now, that's Blackistoric, huh? And, I like Cedric. I don't care for his politics, and I'm glad I don't live in his city, but he seems to be a decent enough Joe.

So, what we do here (in honor of Black History Month) is gather at the Riverfront, and await the arrival of Cedric.

If he sees his shadow, then we attempt to fit as many white people in to it as possible. It's a lot of fun. It's kinda like a phone booth...or a Volkswagen.

Only bigger...


Alas, it is cloudy this morning here in NW Louisiana, with a hint of drizzle maybe.

Bummer. Well, whacha' gonna do? May as well stay home, Cedric. Or go to the gym or something...

6 comments:

  1. Cedric's shadow. Oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeze. I wonder if Cedric buys his suits by the yard.

    veriword: hosionie. I'm drawing nuthin' today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, the very thought of it is frightening, huh?

    Buck, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they don't come off the rack at JC Penneys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe go to overeater's anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does that guy standing there with his arms up in the air have on a white mask, or whiteface?

    Cedric is a big ol' dude for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staci, that's a Mardi Gras mask dude is wearing. Cedric was a float in one of the parades last year.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?