Thursday, March 4, 2010

Unquotable: Winston Churchill...

I entertained myself for a while at this site.  I'm easily entertained.  Obviously.

A couple of examples...

Churchill on France:  

You know, I'd rather have my bottom impaled on a giant cactus than to have to speak to that jumped-up Frenchman. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing the French should be allowed to host is an invasion." -Overheard at the first, and last, party thrown by DeGaulle for Englishmen. 

"Going to war without France is like going hunting without your accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."  

"Never in the field of human conflict have so many cheese-eating surrender monkeys been owed so little by so many." 

Churchill on Oscar Wilde:

"Gentlemen, I have grave news. I have caught the gay from Mr. Wilde, and I have been dreaming of you all night."

1 comment:

  1. There is one good thing that I can say about DeGaulle, and it calls to mind an old saying: absence makes the heart grow fonder of his continued absence! -- W. S. Churchill, while conversing with G. S. Patton about Russians...

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?