Monday, June 6, 2011

WHAM! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!!!

.

Hey y'all!  Hugs, kisses, yada yada yada...


I really haven't talked much about it, but we've experienced a bunch of whacks that just came out of left field over the past 7 or 8 months.  Oh, nothing terrible awful...just common challenges that most every family deals with.


I have seen enough to know that our difficulties are nothing uncommon, and have been overcome by millions of folks for thousands of years.  And, The Lord is bringing us through them.


It's interesting that the punches started landing about the time that I took my new job.  I am pretty sure that God put me in a job that I truly love so much to help keep me balanced.  I won't say "sane," because I'm not quite sure I qualified initially.  So, "balanced" will do.


Regardless, we got another "WHAM" on Saturday night.  But, it's not a bad WHAM...just a very unexpected one (once again from left field).  No, I did not win the Powerball.  Again.  But, it's not bad news, and I'll share more about it with y'all later on.


Hey, a little good family news...


Eldest son's soon to be ex-wife did sign the divorce agreement that he proposed a couple of days after the last hearing.  On advice from his attorney, he had gone to see her in an attempt to help her understand that there was NO WAY that it would ever work, and that he was finished trying. 


I think it made a difference.  A Jurdge will still have to sign off on it over in July, but it's fair, and there should be no problems.


And, the really good news is that because this is all behind him, he's gonna get to come see us before his deployment.  Yep!  Leaving Omaha tonight after work, and should be in some time mid-day tomorrow for almost a week.  So, I'm gonna be mo' busier than usual, and likely absent from the worldwide computer quite a bit.


Y'all hold down the fort, would ya'?


Thanks again for all y'all's prayers for us over these last many months.  They are appreciated more than y'all can ever know.

Y'all have a great week!

Love,  Barney Andy

6 comments:

  1. I know Mrs. Andy is ESTATIC about her baby boy coming for a visit. Y'all enjoy the time with a much HAPPIER son these days. Glad to hear it - y'all are good folk and deserve much happiness. Big Hugs Barney....oops Goober....oops Floyd,,,,,DARN...I mean Andy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! No... GREAT news, all around.

    We shall both have our first born in town together, yet separate. My SN1 got in late last night and will be over in a bit to help his Dear Ol' Da put the Móvil back in El Casa Móvil De Pennington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most excellent news! I know the divorce decree will oft an enormous load off your entire family. Have a wonderful family visit and give him a hug and a thanks from Moogie's world! (I'll betMrs. Andy will have a hard time keeping a smile off her face, and deservedly so!)

    I'm in the car again, playing on the internet while Pepper takes the first shift. I wish we had a plane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P. S. -- I didn't win the Powerball either. Also again. Crud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been about a year since we have been seriously whammed. And I'm thankful.

    Have a great time with your son. Hug him and love him lots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, our family has already received one recent wham, which you likely read about at my place. Hopefully there won't be any more for a while as we're still getting our lives settled here, but life has a way of hitting you between the eyes just when you don't need it to. But happy to hear that the ugly divorce situation with the son is working itself out for the better.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?