Friday, February 29, 2008

THANK ALLAH FOR THE ISLAMIC REVOLUTION...IRANIAN GALS NOW OFFICIALLY "TREATED BETTER THAN ANYWHERE ELSE"

Don't they look just "thrilled?"

I'm sorry y'all, but when I read this article, I just shook my head. I would have laughed, but there ain't nothing funny about it.

The only good thing I can say about the whole deal is that Amnesty International has got their heads out of...well... They have at least gone after the real bad guys (and I mean "guys") this time.

Quote: Amnesty International has called on Iran to stop persecuting people who campaign for women's rights.

The human rights group says activists involved in a big campaign to improve women's rights have been targeted.

In a new report, Amnesty says women activists have suffered an "acute" backlash since the campaign was launched in August 2006.

And (this is where I would laugh if it weren't so sad): Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has insisted women in his country are treated better than anywhere else.

I guess old Mahmoud is still refusing to take his medication.

But good old Amnesty International had to throw this in at the end:

Amnesty says this is part of a wider crackdown on dissent in Iran, although it concedes that women have benefited in some way since the Islamic revolution of 1979.

Benefited in some way? Well, it's official! Iranian women have got it made in the shade...Mahmoud says so, and Amnesty says it's better for them than under the Shah. Heck, if I had a daughter, I'd consider sending her there for college. Why in the world would a girl want to live in America when she could be "treated better than anywhere else" in Iran.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?