Friday, May 23, 2008

EYE SURGERY UPDATE...

Well, I took Phil for his first "check-in" this morning with the eye surgeon after his PRK surgery yesterday. Everything is "looking good."

Bless his heart, he has slept so much while taking the pain meds that he got behind on his pain meds. He was hurting pretty bad this morning about 7 am. They told him that tomorrow is likely to be the "worst" day.

But he's doing okay. And he's not a complainer (he'd better not be if he thinks he's gonna be a US Navy SEAL). His left eye is swollen a little bit, but when he did a vision test today he could read the little lines on the projector wall.

I'm impressed! I watched his first pre-surgery exam, and without his glasses he could barely find the big old "E" at the top. This is pretty cool...think about it if you have bad vision. Mine has always been so good that I just take it for granted. I'm closing in on 50, and have just started using "dime store reading glasses" in the last year for up-close stuff.

I'll keep y'all updated, but for now everything is A-OKAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?