Friday, May 23, 2008

HOW DO YOU RECKON YOU PRONOUNCE THIS BOY'S NAME?

This is an LSU/UCLA story that nobody might find interesting at all. Truthfully, I don't find it interesting myself...except for one thing.

It seems that one of the best high school basketball centers in the US had signed a letter of intent to attend LSU. But after LSU finally got wise and fired John Brady as head basketball corch, this young man changed his mind, and decided to attend UCLA.

It's no big deal (even to a rabid LSU fan like me), because it's basketball (heck, that may as well be curling, or girl's softball in my book).

The only part of this story from the Los Angeles Times that really interests me is this fellow's name: "J'Mison Morgan." It seems that this young man is from South Oak Cliff in Dallas, TX. That's a tough place to be from for sure. I got lost once trying to get to the Dallas Zoo and ended up in the bowels of that beast called South Oak Cliff...don't want to do that again!!!!

Anyway, this boy's Momma named him "J'Mison." Now, I can pronounce "Morgan" just fine...but "J'Mison?"

Try to work that one out in your head...how would you pronounce this young man's name?

From a few other articles I read, it seems that he goes by "Bobo!" I like that better. I can pronounce Bobo...

Man, how bored am I today???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?