Sunday, March 22, 2009

SUNDAY STUFF...

Had a busy day yesterday...worked hard moving furniture... One thing I was reminded of this morning is that I do have a butt!...and thighs...and biceps... Heck, even my toes are sore. But the old tricky back held up good. That's the mainest thing I gotta protect.

Just cruising the news this morning, and Joe Biden proved last night that it's easy to be funny when you're a stinkin' idiot. It was something like the 728th annual meeting of the now irrelevant Gridiron Club. Mike Allen at The Politico has posted the text of his "second string" speech, standing in for BozObama after he dissed the muckety-mucks by sending his house boy instead of going himself. It's really pretty funny, but like I said, it's easy to be funny when you're a freakin' walking joke already.

Somebody put up on YouTube one of those "Bud Light Real Men of..." commercials featuring Biden. Nyuk nyuk!


I'll tell y'all, Gooble is on top of their game! They just keep coming up with new products, features, service, and visionary ideas. If you don't have Google Ad Blocker, you should look into it. But now they have topped theirselves in my book. This should make cruising the computer more interesting, entertaining, and enlightening than EVER. Those guys are GOOOOOOD!

Some good news I guess. I had told y'all about the fact that Farmerville, LA was losing it's largest employer, Pilgrim's Pride, and how it was likely to turn the whole community desolate. Well, a deal has been reached to buy, and keep open the plant. A private company is splitting the $80 million price with The State of Louisiana. I have mixed feelings when the State ponies up taxpayer dollars for stuff like this...but those 1,300 workers, and 400 chicken producers are our neighbors, and fellow taxpayers. At least they ain't on the dole...I'd rather help them than the leeches we throw money at. I know the whole area is breathing easier this Sunday morning. In fact, I'll bet the churches is all filled up!

A couple of funny things happened to my little future daughter-in-law Friday & Saturday. She is three semesters shy of her degree as an English major. Can you believe that...an English major? It's interesting having somebody around here that knows the American language real good. She is just the sweetest, prettiest little gal...and hard working to boot. I JUST DO NOT KNOW WHAT SHE SEES IN MY BOY. She took one semester off in order to relocate here from Florida, get settled in, save up some coins, and so forth before she finishes up at LSU-S.

She is substitute teaching here in the Parish, and also working at one of those high priced ice cream shops...I don't go there myself, due to the fact that a little old cup of ice cream is almost as much as a gallon at WalMart, but other folks do.

On Friday, she was called in to substitute at the High School she attended when she lived here before. I swear, you can't tell her from the students. She hadn't been there in about 5 years. She was walking down the hall, and ran into Coach Bullard. He stopped her, and said..."Hey, it's good to see you. Are you gonna be on my softball team this year?" "No Coach...I'm subbing in French class." "Oh...well it's good to see you anyhow!" I laughed...I can identify with Coach.

Then on Saturday she was working at the ice cream shop. I figure that the manager of the place must be a real dufus, because they ran out of spoons & M&M's. Can you believe that? A gloriously beautiful, warm, fabulous Spring day...you know, the kind of days that ice cream shops pray for...and they run out of spoons & M&M's! They had to shut the place down...ignorant...

So the manager tells her...take this money, and run up to Kroger. Buy a bunch of spoons & M&Ms. So, she cleans out the plastic spoon rack at Kroger, and goes to pay out all dressed in her ice cream place uniform. This kid that's checking her out...probably trying to put the moves on her...asks, "Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?"

And as loudly as she could, she said, "Yes, you sure do know me. I had to send you to the Principals office yesterday because you wouldn't shut up when I told you to." He laughed...so did all the other checkers, and customers in line. I just love that gal...

Well, y'all have a good Sunday. If you don't go to church, at least hum a hymn, and pray or something. We need to all be praying...not just on Sunday neither...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?