Wednesday, June 24, 2009

LET'S JUST DROP POLITICS AND SPORTS FOR A WHILE...

...and get back to nature.

I'll confess to not being the greatest "nature guy." Now, The Mrs. is an unabashed "nature girl." Man, she loves flowers, and animals and junk. She's got "Animal Planet" on speed remote, and will soon occupy every square inch of Andy's Place dirt with flowers, vegetables, and ground cover.

It is not so easy for me, though. I have learned to appreciate the beauty of nature, animals, growing stuff, and digging around in the ground as I've grown older...but it ain't in my nature! However, I received (via e-mail from Walt and Cowdad) these images of the "National Geographic Photos Of The Year." And they are truly astounding!

These are just some of the finalists (I didn't feel like posting them all). It seems that National Geographic decided to publish a "Holiday Edition."

SEALS prepare for next mission on Memorial Day



Christmas in Japan
(I think they're waiting on Santa...or the Great Pumpkin...not sure)



Happy Valentine's Day!


"Feed A Shark Fish, So They'll Leave Surfers Alone Day" in Maui


Mother's Day!

And the winner is:



Father's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?