Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oooohhhhh, I was out working in the yard...

...and The Mrs.' Hibiscus (known in Arkansas as Haybiscuits, or them purty red fliers) has just started to bloom. And it is just glorious! It will get about 7 feet tall, and be covered with blooms pretty soon.


And the blooms this year are just enormous! The Mrs. says she can't remember ever having blooms this size on it.

You can't really tell it from this photo, but they are big. They are not quite as large as a dinner plate, but they are larger than a salad plate. I don't mean to confuse you, if you're from Arkansas...plates come in different sizes.

What am I thinking? If you're from Arkansas, a plate is something you eat off of.

What am I thinking? If you're from Arkansas, a plate is something you eat food off of.

1 comment:

  1. I love all red flowers, but those are...are... stupendous! I gotta get me one of those.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?