Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween...gone to the dogs!

When we were in San Angelo, TX last week, we had some time to kill while waiting for dinner. The restaurant was in a shopping center with a large PetSmart store. Now, I had never been to a PetSmart store before, so I decided to wander on over and check it out.

It just so happens that the were running the big "Halloween Canine Costume Competition" at the San Angelo PetSmart.

Since this is probably the only day I could possibly have need for these photos, I figured I'd put 'em up on the computer.

This ain't all that great a costume, but she reminded me of my faithful black lab, Midnight. You know...the smartest, most territorial animal that ever lived. You know...the one that hated black folks & Jehovah's Witnesses. Yeah, her!


These were pretty cute! I don't know what the pug is dressed up as, but the basset looks pretty tasty. Actually, that's kinda cruel. Somebody call the PETArds!


Another hot dog, and a jackwolantern! Pretty cute.

These were just some ugly animals here. The costumes didn't make 'em any prettier.


This wasn't much of a costume, but the animal was just so stinkin' cute! I think it's a dog...only smaller.

Now, I did not have time to stick around for the judging. But if I had, I'd have voted for this one:


Heh! This ain't Kansas, Dorothy! Oh man, did we laugh.

I'm sure that this is the least valuable blog post that you will read today. But I needed to clean out some photos. Y'all have a good old frightening evening!

5 comments:

  1. Actually it was a very valuable post - to me. I had a good chuckle at it and the Obama jokes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, I'm glad you got a chuckle. Actually those hounds were WAY funnier, and cuter in person. As we were leaving, several more showed up.

    But I still think Dorothy probably won the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is Toto in the frame above Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy...by golly, I think you're right! Astute observation young lady! Now it all makes sense...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pet Smart opened about a year and a half before we moved. Katie the wonder dog and Cici the retared Cocker loved going over there. Loved the pictures. I've got a firefighter costume that Katie wore to the trunk-or-treat at church tonight. The kids loved her! She's not real impressed with it, but she looks cute! She looks a lot like the black one in the first picture, maybe like your midnight. (Quack Quack!!)

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?