Sunday, November 1, 2009

Men and women are different...

Saturday morning, I had to run up to the Kroger. They had 2 liter Diet Cokes on sale for 75 cents, and Cheez-Its for 1 buck. I was wearing my ratty old gray T-shirt & hadn't shaved in a couple of days. I was just gonna run in real quick, so I just wore my house shoes.

Now, they aren't like pink, fuzzy house shoes. They're nice...some kind of plastic, I think...and they can pass for loafers.

When I walked back in the house carrying my purchases, The Mrs. confronted me. Now, you gotta understand...she's a Southern gal. Southern gals do not leave the house without "putting on their face." Heck, they don't even mow the grass without the proper make-up.

The Mrs.: Andy, did you go to Kroger looking like that?

Me: What???

The Mrs.: Look at you! You look like you just crawled out from underneath something.

Me: Sweetheart, have you ever been to Kroger?...On a Saturday morning? Heck, one big fat chick in yellow stretch pants thought I was the manager!

Made The Mrs. laugh...my goal for the day was accomplished.

3 comments:

  1. Heh, I go to Kroger's in my "trailer trash houseshoes" all the time. Y'know, the ones from the dollar store with the little pink rosebuds on 'em? Yeah, those. heh.

    My secret is out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah, I think I saw you last week CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?