Friday, January 15, 2010

From Russia With Love??? (Updated)

(Update) In the comments, Dadman (our resident film expert) informed me that this is indeed Sean Connery from the 1974 film Zardoz!

He also has Scot grandparents, and informs me that this is standard underwear in Scotland.

Researching the film, I find that Roger Ebert called it a "genuinely quirky movie, a trip into a future that seems ruled by perpetually stoned set decorators....The movie is an exercise in self-indulgence (if often an interesting one) by Boorman, who more or less had carte blanche to do a personal project after his immensely successful Deliverance."

I just love y'all that visit Andy's Place. I can always count on y'all to expand my knowledge, correct my errors, and answer my questions. You're the best! (End of Update)

Hey y'all! Hugs, kisses, yada yada yada...

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I'm ignorant. (and I'm sure I would not be the last to say "Amen!")

But, when I ran across this photo, I thought it might be part of Theo Spark's "Red Friday Totty" stuff that he always posts. (Don't look at that if you're under-age, okay?)

But, is this Sean Connery all gayed-up for Red Friday, or something?

It might not be him, but it sure does look like him to me. Man...I mean, I know those Scots wear skirts and all...but this is just kinda way too somethin'oranother...

4 comments:

  1. This, of course, is what Scots wear under their kilts. Trust me, my Mom Mom and Pop Pop were born in Scotland.

    It also happens to be a picture from a 1974 film called Zardoz.

    Way gay, but I hear Hollywood pays gays well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dadman, I should have known you'd come through for me. You da' man!

    Interesting...they really wear that underneath, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was kidding about his get-up being traditional Scot underwear...LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...you are very good at deadpan. I should have known it...

    However, I'll bet you don't really know whether it might be, or not! So, I'm sticking with this being what's under the skirts. HA!

    Regardless, thanks for the info on the gaylord photo.

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?