Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Since there is nothing of importance happening tonight...

...I figured I'd just ask y'all to pray with me for the children of Haiti Oklahoma.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that The BozObama Show is coming on tonight. Sheesh! I was torn between cleaning out my toe jam really good, working on my belly-button-lint figurines, or playing BozO-Bingo. Our good buddy, Paul the Fireguy sent me a diversion, called OBozO Bingo...just to have something to occupy my time with during the boring speech deal.




But, I am a true LOSER when it comes to games of chance...man, the stories I could tell. (sigh)

So, I figured that instead, I would spend the evening concentrating on more important things than what Dufus spews before those that are interested in a spewing dufus.

I have followed (along with you all) the tragedy of the Haitian earthquake. I have many thoughts about it that I have not shared. I likely will in a few days.

But, I came across a photo on the worldwide computer that reminded me that even here in the US we have children in dire straits.

It would do us well to note that here (YES, EVEN HERE) in the US, there are children that by virtue of their birth are forced to live in horrendous conditions. You will find no better example of this than the children of Oklahoma.

Pam's Momma grew up in the dusty, wind-blown thing that we know as Oklahoma. And man...they were POOR! The stories she tells of those days in the 30's & 40's in Wetumka just truly make you grateful to God that you live somewheres elst!

Still, it pains me when I realize that the rough times continue for Okies.

As I said, I ran across a picture on the worldwide computer that really tugged at my heart. I am gonna ask you all for your help with this. I am going to try to locate the poor Oklahoma child in this photo that I saw.

If you have any idea who this little girl is, please let me know. Pam and I would certainly like to extend a hand of kindness to this poor family.

Especially to the little girl highlighted...

In fact, if you can provide info as to who this little girl is, I'll be willing to offer a reward. It won't be much. Maybe one of my "belly button lint" figurines...they're a lot more decorative than they sound like they'd be. Trust me.


3 comments:

Don't cuss nobody out, okay?